5 Simple Core Values
1. Take a Person-Centered Approach - Our coaching style is collaborative because we believe people are their own best self-experts.
2. Improve the Process to Reach Results - We stay task focused and strive to find fulfillment in the journey.
3. Keep the Big Picture in Mind - We want our athletes to achieve their goals for the season, but also as a part of a larger roadmap. One that is heading in the direction they want their running to take them in the long-term.
4. Cultivate Dialogue - The Coach/Athlete relationship thrives on consistent dialogue from both parties.
5. Make Decisions Based on Evidence - We believe in science, which is ever-evolving. We are committed to evolving with it.
"I have been writing my own training plans for years. I did my research, found some generic plans, tweaked them for me and went with it. I had success in finishing races as well as some strong PRs. I hadn’t run a marathon in 7 years and wanted to get that sub-4. I wasn’t in the right frame of mind to come up with a schedule, so I reached out to Laura, who I had followed on Instagram for a few years. She chatted and felt like we clicked. Laura is great to work with; we came up with a great plan for a hilly course and I nailed it. After that race, I realized why people liked the marathon so we are going for another BIG goal this spring. She tweaks my plan when I have a long day at work or the weather isn’t cooperating. She is supportive and always responds quickly. I really enjoy the monthly check-ins to see how training is going. I am so glad I took this leap to work with her. Takes planning stress away from me, I just gotta show up!"